Thursday, August 9, 2012

Granny Square Blanket Finish

I've finished the granny square blanket using my version of Cath Kidston colors.  I'm not normally a "blue person", but I really like this soft blue  color.



I wasn't quite sure just how to finish the afghan.  It had been awhile since I had done individual granny squares.  I usually just do one giant granny square.  But I did a round of the soft blue around the outside of each block.  Then I stitched the blocks together with a yarn needle.  Next time I plan to try doing a slip stitch with my crochet hook.  I think that would have the same look and be faster.


I crocheted 5 borders of half double crochet stitches around the outside. 


My border is kind of wavy, but I really don't have a place to block an afghan this big unless it would be outside on the deck. 


We use our blankets in the winter, and I think this one will keep somebody nice and warm. 


Now on to another yarn project........

Thanks for visiting! 

2 comments:

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10