Thursday, January 17, 2013

Granny Square Love

Sorry.....I was tweaking some settings on my blog and accidentally took this post down.

This is one of the crochet books that I got for Christmas.  Granny Square Love by Sarah London is a great little book for granny square inspiration even if you already know how to make granny squares.




I love this photo with the little yarn balls in the bright colored plastic strainer!  



Look at this colorful market bag.  If I make this it will probably be used to carry a yarn or quilting project.




Christmas stockings.  I've thought about changing out our usual Christmas stockings.  We have the red velvet stockings with the white cuff, and our names are "written" on with glitter.



This pillow would be nice if you read in bed or if you have small children around.

 
These projects look like they would be pretty quick to do either for yourself or they would make great gifts. I think the granny square is my favorite crochet block, and I'm glad it is making a comeback all over the internet.

Here is the granny square afghan that I finished this fall.








  I hope you are finding some time to make a few stitches today.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, I got this book for Christmas as well.I love the vibrant colors and how easy to do projects. who knows maybe we can crochet along:) I love your fall granny blanket it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful book!
    I'd love to make that bag.
    Your Granny Square Afghan is really beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great. I should have a look for it.
    Your Granny-Afghan is wonderful.
    ~~Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. some neat stuff in that book. I do like the granny squares on the table cloth. I want to make a hexagon granny square afghan this year.

    ReplyDelete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10